Sunday 19 October 2014

Welcome to the world baby girl!

A good friend of mine is on the verge of having a little girl, and apparently I can't stop making her gifts. I posted about baby leggings for her to sport with her adorable cloth diapers. I also followed my tradition of knitting new babies a blankie, and chose a gorgeous honeycomb pattern to work on for her. I selected jewel tones of purples and turquoise, to match her baby room. Following her mom on Pinterest was very helpful, as a I had a first hand glimpse into the inspiration for her nursery. 

Honeycomb blanket
I love this closeup detail shot, it really shows the beauty of the colours and textures.
Love those colours!
I also made a dolly for her. I love the idea of having a special dolly made just for you, that is one-of-a-kind and dear to your heart. Call me a romantic, but it really sings to me. So I chose the most romantic fabric I know for the dolly's dress: a print from the Brambleberry Ridge collection by Violet Craft. 
So prim!

I gave her a matching purple Peter Pan collar, black Mary Janes, a pink bow in her hair, and a removable white lace skirt.

Peter Pan collar 
Mary Jane shoes
Removable lace skirt
Skirtless dolly
Out for a walk in the forest....
My husband was adamant that we stage a photo with a painting in our house to make it look like she's walking in the forest. I love when he takes an interest in my activities! 

Now that all the crafting is done for this baby, we're just waiting on her arrival! Hopefully any minute now..... 







No comments:

Post a Comment