Tuesday 7 July 2015

The Small World Mini quilt: pattern tested

When I saw the Small World mini quilt that Leasa of ProjectLeasa (@projectleasa on Instagram) made for her partner in the #disneyquiltswap2015, I instantly swooned. 
Leasa's original mini quilt, courtesy of her @projectleasa Instagram
The whole concept is adorable, the bright colours are so eye catching, and I had recently been to Disneyland and loved every minute of it - including the Small World ride. 
It's a Small World ride Disneyland,  Christmas 2014
Small World all lit up at night
So when Leasa decided to write the pattern for it, I followed along closely, so exited for it to be release so I could make my very own. Lucky for me, she put out a call for pattern testers, and I was one of the six quilters she selected to help her to make sure the pattern works as written, and edit anything that may need reworking. 

Leasa wrote an excellent pattern that needed very little in the way of correction! It is very well written, the explanations are so clear, and there is the added bonus of step-by-step photos for literally every step! This is such a fun pattern to make; it is a traditional piecing pattern that includes half square triangles, curves, buttons, and embroidery. And although the pattern is labeled Intermediate Skill Level, the instructions are so clear, a confident beginner could tackle this project and be happy with their results. 

So, with no further ado, here is my completed The Small World Mini quilt top!









The pattern is now available at the PieceOLease etsy shop!

No comments:

Post a Comment