Tuesday 18 November 2014

Feelin Good on a Wednesday: Mini Quilts

I recently signed up for a mini quilt swap on Instagram hosted by Schnitzel & Boo


This is a fun project where you are assigned a secret partner, and someone else is secretly assigned to you. You get to know your partner from their sign-up questionnaire, their Instagram feed, and any other social media they may participate in (such as Pinterest). Then, using your new-found knowledge, you make a quilt for them and send it to them by mail! So far, I have been having a lot of fun getting to know my partner, and thinking about what to make for them.  

Here is some of my inspiration:

Feathers by Alison Glass
Arcadia Avenue by Sassafras Lane

Woodcut quilt by Bijou Lovely
These are all large quilts, so I would do a smaller version, or just a single block in the case of the Sassafras Lane quilt. These quilts are all foundation paper pieced, which means I would have to learn a new technique. But that has never stopped me before! For colours, I was thinking blues, greens, and greys, like this colour palette:

{leeked tones}
I found this fabric bundle of solid colours that I think would be perfect (less the purple)!


Winter bundle from Pink Door Fabrics
I do like the idea of having some patterns mixed in as well though, so I may want to add in some other fabrics. So while I'm enjoying Hawaii, I am going to be percolating on what to do, and what fabrics to use. Also, checking out the Hawaiian quilt shops for some inspiration!

No comments:

Post a Comment