|The raw materials|
I fiddled with a random layout of the squares, making sure that no patches of the same colour or pattern family were touching. When I sewed all the squares together, I did it in rows, then sewed the rows together.... Looking back, it would have been better to make smaller blocks and then sew the blocks together- my squares don't line up exactly... I added a border of white with mitred corners, and called the front done!
|Personalized quilt label|
I did a much better job getting my seams to line up on the back!
I used a thin cotton batting for the middle, and quilted it with some free motion vines and leaves.
|Quilted vine and leaf details|
|Quilted rose details|
I stitched some roses into all four corners, and hand bound the whole thing with the same purple I included in the front. What a fun project, I have enjoyed every step along the way and definitely want to make more quilts!
|The finish product (front)|
|The finished product (back)|
|All rolled up and ready to gift!|